Calculate the calories your body needs to gain weight via the site Ocean We remind you of the correct and healthy way to calculate calories in the body and how to control it to gain weight. Although weight gain is a very bad thing and many suffer from it, being thin sometimes causes a problem for many and they try in more than one way to gain weight, so it is necessary to calculate the calories that enter the body properly. daily and this ensures that they gain weight.
Calculate the calories your body needs to gain weight
It is very important to get acquainted with the correct way in which the calories entering the body are calculated.
- Where a person who wants to gain weight needs to know the percentage of calories he needs as a normal person and then add a small percentage to it to gain weight.
- When you want to gain weight, a percentage of between three hundred and five hundred calories is added to increase the weight in a safe and healthy way.
- If a person wants to gain weight in a quick way, he eats approximately seven hundred calories and even a thousand calories, but this method is not safe enough.
Factors affecting the increase in calories
Calories are the percentage of energy in foods and drinks that are eaten. The percentage that the body needs depends on many factors, namely:
- the age: Younger adults, especially teens and children, need high calories for healthy growth.
- the size: Where both weight and height affect the body’s need for calories, and the speed of calories used varies according to the increase in weight and body length.
- Thyroid hormone: This hormone is a very important factor in calculating calories, as according to his state of health, the amount of calories needed by the body is determined.
- pharmaceutical: There are some types of medications that affect the amount of calories your body needs, such as corticosteroids.
See also: calories in eggs
How to know the body’s need for extra calories
It is possible that the BMI can be used to determine the body’s need for calories or not and whether it needs to gain weight or not.
- If the BMI is between eighteen and a half and between twenty-five, this is the person’s healthy range and does not need to be increased or decreased.
- If the BMI drops below eighteen, this indicates the body’s need to increase the calories it enters and the increase in body weight.
- If the BMI exceeds twenty-five, then this is evidence of weight gain or a tendency to gain weight. A diet or drinks should be followed that help to reach the normal range of BMI.
How to calculate the calories your body needs per day
- It is known that the percentage of calories that the body needs every day is two thousand seven hundred calories for a man, while a woman has only two thousand and five hundred calories.
- The amount that the body needs differs from the basic amount that we talked about, according to the metabolism and lifestyle of each person. The percentage that we talked about is the percentage of calories that the body consumes at rest. This is by means of an equation called Mifflin Saint-Guire
- Men’s metabolic rate: 10 x whole body weight in kilograms + 6.25 x body height in centimeters – 5 x person’s age + 5.
- Female metabolism rate: 10 x full body weight of a woman in kilograms + 6.25 x body height in centimeters – 5 x woman’s age – 161.
You may be interested to know: How to get rid of the abdomen and buttocks within 3 weeks
Amount of calories in meals
It is very important to know the caloric value of each meal and here is the calorie value of each component of the main meals:
- Protein: Each gram of protein found in any type of food contains four calories.
- carbohydrates: One gram of carbohydrates equals four calories.
- Fats: It is the most calorie-containing food component, as each calorie of fat contains nine calories.
Healthy ways to increase calories in your diet
There are some simple ways that help increase the calories that enter the body per day and thus work to gain weight, which are as follows:
- Increasing the number of meals eaten per day so that the rate of meals per day is between three to five meals per day.
- Eating protein mainly and in a large proportion so that it increases the percentage of muscles in the body and thus increases body weight in a healthy and useful way.
- Increasing nutrients rich in carbohydrates and healthy fats, which increases the proportion of calories that enter the body and thus increases body weight quickly.
- Be sure to eat juices with very high calories that contain very important ingredients for weight gain such as milk, yoghurt, nuts, fruits, and nut butter.
- Exercising that helps to gain weight, and this is one of the most important pillars of gaining weight dramatically in a safe and healthy way.
You may read: Reasons for a sudden increase in appetite and the most important recipes to open an appetite
At the end of this article, we talked about calculating the calories that the body needs to gain weight, as we mentioned the most important healthy ways that increase the percentage of calories that enter the body on a daily basis,
Thus, the body weight increases, as we talked about the factors that greatly affect the increase in calories in the body.