The treatment of infectious diarrhea in children is a question that many people are looking for in order to know what is diarrhea, what are its causes, what is its type, and what is the appropriate treatment for it. On her child and that he is sick with diarrhea, she looks for the appropriate treatment for him and takes it to the doctor so that he explains to her the type of diarrhea and its causes and guides her on the appropriate treatment for it.
Causes of diarrhea in children
Diarrhea in children is an important thing to know about because it is a dangerous thing. There are many causes that lead to diarrhea in children, including the following:
- Infectious diarrhea caused by the presence of a germ and this infection is due to food poisoning.
- Stomach infections caused by the presence of bacteria and other organisms.
- Eating foods that cause stomach and digestive sensitivity.
- Taking some medicines that cause diarrhea.
- Intestinal failure, when the body is unable to feed certain foods well.
- Surgical operations inside the stomach and digestive system.
- Increased secretions from the thyroid gland.
See also: Causes of diarrhea in infants| ways to deal with it
Types of diarrhea in children
Diarrhea is a common and recurring problem in children. Diarrhea is mostly due to malnutrition and is due to the presence of germs and bacteria inside the stomach of children, so symptoms of diarrhea appear on them. There are types of diarrhea, including the following:
acute watery diarrhea
- Acute watery diarrhea is usually caused by rotavirus infection in the child, especially in infants and young children.
- To prevent acute watery diarrhea in children, the child should receive the necessary dose of the rotavirus vaccine.
- When older children get acute watery diarrhea, it is caused by the cholera virus. This infection causes diarrhea and results from eating contaminated food or drinking contaminated water.
- This acute watery diarrhea lasts for several hours and sometimes lasts for days, in which case it is preferable to go to the treating doctor so that the child is examined and given the appropriate treatment so that no further complications arise.
See also: Diarrhea treatment for children
Acute bloody diarrhea
- Acute bloody diarrhea in children is another type of diarrhea, but its purposes are not common in children, since it indicates the presence of a serious disease facing the child’s body.
- The causes of acute bloody diarrhea in children vary as a result of the different age groups, and the most common causes of acute bloody diarrhea in children are infections and intestinal bacteria in the child.
- It may occur at any age, but the increased chances of infection are in older children who are more than a year old, and when it occurs in young children, it is due to colitis.
It is a type of diarrhea in children, and the child continues to have diarrhea for 14 days and more, and it is on average three times a day or more. Therefore, chronic diarrhea in a child can cause many diseases and disorders, including the following:
- Functional gastrointestinal disorders.
- Food allergy and intolerance.
- membranous bowel disease;
There is a difference in the symptoms associated with diarrhea in children and this is due to the different causes of its occurrence and may lead to the following:
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Loss of control over bowel movements.
- Abdominal pain or cramping.
- Chronic diarrhea in a child causes malabsorption, and therefore dehydration occurs. Symptoms of dehydration include:
- Feeling very thirsty.
- Dry mouth.
- No tears while crying.
- lack of urination
- Feeling tired and powerless.
Do not miss to see: The best medicine for recurrent colic for adults and children
When is diarrhea dangerous in children?
Diarrhea is one of the most common diseases that children are exposed to, and there are types of diarrhea, and each type has a reason for the occurrence of diarrhea, and diarrhea poses a danger to children if it lasts more than three days,
If the child has a large number of watery diarrhea, and if vomiting occurs with diarrhea frequently with blood in the stool.
Treating infectious diarrhea in children
Children are exposed to a lot of diarrhea, so the mother is looking for ways to treat diarrhea in children, whether they are medicines or home treatment. There are many natural ways that are used to treat diarrhea from home and without going to the doctor, including:
- Give the child a glass of water with a spoonful of starch and the juice of half a lemon, as this drink is useful for diarrhea.
- Excessive intake of starches, rice and pasta.
- Eat boiled potatoes.
- Eating boiled eggs helps the child to treat the child greatly.
- Eating more fresh fruits.
We advise you to read: Treating diarrhea in newborns with natural herbs
We talked with you in this article about infectious diarrhea in children, and we mentioned to you the causes of diarrhea in children. We also mentioned to you the types of diarrhea that affect children of all ages, and we explained to you the many causes of each type of diarrhea.