Banana allergy symptoms for children are one of the most important things that concern mothers, especially since bananas are the most prominent fruits that the mother feeds her baby when he starts eating. Bananas combine high nutritional value, sweet taste and soft texture that makes it easy for the baby to swallow. And what are the ways to treat it? We will answer all this and more in the following lines.
Banana allergy symptoms for children
These symptoms appear a few minutes after eating a banana, and can be summarized as follows:
- Itching or swelling in the lips associated with swelling and dryness in the tongue and throat.
- extremities chills;
- Red eyes or severe swelling in them.
- Sudden runny nose.
- frequent sneezing;
- Shortness of breath.
- Tummy ache.
- high heart rate;
- Marked decrease in blood pressure.
- Dizziness and nausea.
- loss of consciousness
We advise you to read: My experience with allergic rhinitis
Banana allergy herbal remedy
Herbs are used to treat and calm allergies in general, whether that allergy is caused by eating bananas or others. Perhaps the most prominent of these herbs used in the treatment of allergies are the following:
- Chamomile flowers are considered one of the best natural herbs filled with many oils that cleanse the body, and are also very useful in eliminating skin allergies.
- To get the best result, put a few chamomile flowers in a cup of boiling water and drink it twice throughout the day for best results.
You may also be interested in: Treating Allergic Rhinitis with Olive Oil
- Barley is one of the effective herbs in getting rid of skin allergies and eliminating rashes. It is also more than excellent in alleviating skin redness and inflammation on the skin.
- The way to take it is to add a little barley to boiling water with a little hibiscus, and leave the mixture until it reaches the boiling point, and it is taken once a day.
- The black bean is also an effective way to treat skin allergies, as it enhances the body’s immunity and protects it from disease.
- You can mix a spoon of black seed and a spoon of honey and eat it, and to get the best results, apply the mixture on the area affected by the sensitivity.
- Ginger is known for its many benefits, and perhaps the most prominent of these benefits is its ability to get rid of infections and bacteria. All you have to do is mix a little ginger with water and then leave it until it boils. Eat it twice a day to keep the body healthy from allergies.
- Mint contains a high percentage of menthol oil, which is useful in reducing skin sensitivity and relieving inflammation. You can eat it boiled or chewed with honey.
Learn about: Causes of pistachio allergy and herbal treatment methods
- Aloe vera is known to help treat burns, reduce itching, and protect the skin from infections and rashes.
Do bananas cause allergic reactions in adults?
Banana allergy occurs when the immune system overreacts to certain proteins in bananas, so it can affect everyone, young or old.
A person is more likely to develop an allergy if they have previously had eczema or atopic dermatitis, or if they have asthma or have a family history of allergies, especially an allergy to bananas.
Do bananas cause chest allergies?
It has not been proven that bananas cause allergies in the chest, but it is known that bananas, mangoes, chocolate and fish are not recommended for people with allergies of all kinds.
It has been scientifically proven that bananas irritate allergies in general and make them appear clearly either in the form of coughing and shortness of breath for a patient with chest allergies, or a runny nose for an allergic rhinitis patient.
Banana and shortness of breath
Banana, this soft and sweet fruit, is famous all over the world. It is loved for its taste and many health benefits. It is one of the most consumed fruits in the world.
But eating bananas in excessive quantities has a good number of side effects, including that it causes respiratory problems, as it causes narrowing of the airways, which leads to shortness of breath, and this may lead to swallowing problems and severe breathing difficulties.
See also: Penicillin allergy to antibiotic treatments
Here, dear readers, we have come to the end of our article about the symptoms of banana allergy for children, in which we have listed the most prominent symptoms of banana allergy, methods of treating them with herbs and other topics of interest to allergy sufferers of all kinds.