The authorities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia are interested in continuously developing their services to the public, whether they are Saudi citizens or expatriates residing on the territory of the Kingdom, and how to ascertain the validity date of the residence permit from the services provided by the authorities to residents and business owners, in order to relieve the questioner and improve the efficiency of online service delivery.
Confirm the validity date of the residence
Verifying the validity date of the residence permit is one of the important matters that the resident must be aware of, as the expiration of the validity date of the residence, and not renewing the residence document for the expatriate before its expiry date will expose the expatriate to a financial fine, and may also expose him to imprisonment and a fine in case of recurrence The violation, and failure to renew the residence permit on time may cause the resident to be deported permanently, and the expiry of the residence permit without informing the authorities and the Ministry of the Interior exposes the sponsor to a financial fine, or the denial of recruitment of new workers for several years, so it was important to know how to verify the validity date Accommodation in more than one way.
Verify the validity date of the residence permit through the Ministry of Labor website
An expatriate residing on Saudi land can check the validity date of the residency electronically through the website of the Saudi Ministry of Labor and Social Development, which provides this free service to employers in Saudi Arabia, and for expatriates, and the residency validity date can be verified by following the following steps:
- Access to the official website of the Ministry of Labor and Social Development in Saudi Arabia from here.
- Log in to the website’s e-services portal.
- Enter your user name and password to log in to the site.
- Click on the individual icon.
- Click on the new user icon.
- Write the residence number in the space provided.
- Entering the visual verification code, through which it is possible to identify whether the person inside is a human or a robot.
- Press the next button.
- Browse the data that the site displays to the visitor, which includes the validity date of the residence permit, its expiry date, and the legal renewal date to avoid imposing a fine.
Read also: Steps to inquire about the validity of residence 1441 in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia through the Absher website: absher.sa
Verify the validity date of the residence permit through the Absher website
The Saudi Ministry of Interior provides many services and transactions through its large website, which it launched, which is the Absher electronic portal, through which passports, residency, inquiries, and other services can be completed, and the residency validity date can be confirmed via the Absher website by following Next steps:
- Enter the official website of the Absher portal from here.
- Click on the individual icon.
- Log in to the platform using your username and password.
- Create a new account on the Absher website if the newcomer is entering the site for the first time, and through registration, a username and password are entered and kept by the visitor.
- Write the residence number in after logging in to the site.
- Insert the visual verification number in the rectangle, which is unordered numbers that the site asks the visitor to enter correctly.
- Click on the passports page.
- Click on the residence permit inquiry icon.
- Enter the required data from the visitor, then click on the View icon.
- Access to browse the data displayed by the site about the validity date of the residence, and the date of its legal renewal.
Confirm the validity date of the residence through the verification code
It is also possible to verify the validity date of the residence through the visual verification code, which is in all Saudi official websites, a number that the site displays on the screen, and asks the expatriate to re-enter it again, which helps to increase the reliability of the information, and to ensure the validity of the visiting person Or the browser of the site, and you can verify the validity date of the residence through the verification code using the following steps:
- Enter the Saudi Ministry of Interior website.
- Access to the Absher portal from the Ministry of Interior website, and the portal appears on the right of the Ministry’s website.
- Click on the individuals that appear on the Absher screen.
- Click on login after entering the user name and password in the respective rectangle.
- Access to the passport page.
- Click on the Inquiry icon about the validity of the residence.
- Writing the visual verification code that appears on the screen in front of the resident, as well as typing the residence number in which the expatriate wishes to verify the validity date of the residence.
- Entering the personal data of the expatriate, such as the date of birth in Gregorian and Hijri, and the e-mail address, as well as the mobile phone number of the expatriate.
- Click on the View button, from which the residence data and its validity date are displayed.
Read also: Inquire about the validity of an expatriate residence through the Absher Passports platform. Learn the steps
Inquire about the validity date of the residence by phone
The Internet may not be available for all expatriates, or some simple expatriates who do not know how to read and write want to verify the validity date of the residence in a way other than accessing the Internet, or government websites, so the government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has launched several phone lines in Several service offices to provide services to the expatriate, inform him of the expiry date of the residence permit, and here are the phone numbers and names of the offices that provide the service:
|office name||the address||Telephone number|
|Electronic Services Division Office in Jeddah||Tahlia Street – Tahlia and Commercial Center on the second floor||0122635001|
|Al-Kandara Passport Office||Al Sharqiah District – Jeddah||0126315858|
|Electronic Services Division Office||Industrial Cities Administration – South Jeddah||0126008456|
|Jeddah Electronic Passport Division office||Tahlia Street intersection with the Sixty, inside the Serafi Mall||0122843112|
|Electronic Services Division Office||Sahara Complex in Riyadh||1140570000 0|
|Electronic Services Division Office||Al-Rimal District, Riyadh-Dammam Expressway, International Auto Auction Area||1125735970 0|
|Jeddah Electronic Passport Division office||Focus on the Red Sea Mall, on the second floor|
Renewal of residence through the Absher portal
In order for the expatriate to avoid imposing a fine on him due to his delay in renewing the residency for its legal date, which is three days before the expiry date of the residency, the government in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has made it possible to renew the residency electronically via the Internet, in which the resident does not need to go to government workplaces Renewal can be done by following these steps:
- Enter the Absher portal of the Ministry of Interior.
- Entering the business portal that appears on the website screen.
- Log in to Absher by typing the expatriate’s residence number and password.
- Click on my business icon.
- Click on the Renew Residence button.
- Read the terms and conditions offered by the site to the visitor, then put an approval mark in the box provided in front of it.
- Enter the residence number, then click on the renewal icon.
- Paying the fees specified for renewing the residence permit, using one of the payment methods approved by the Saudi government.
Read also: The correct way to verify the validity of the residence
Papers and documents required for residency renewal
In order for the resident to be able to renew the residence on its legal time, there are a set of papers and documents that are required to be provided with the expatriate, namely:
- Residence renewal form, and fill in all the data included in the form for the resident.
- Stamping the form from the concerned authorities and documenting it.
- Recent photos of the resident, and the resident’s face is clear, and the dimensions of the photos are 4 * 6.
- The original passport for viewing, and a clear copy of it.
- The civil status card of the employer and a copy of it.
- A medical certificate approved by a government health authority stating that a medical examination was signed on the resident.
- Resident’s medical insurance certificate and a copy of it.
- Receipt of payment of the residence renewal fee, which is through the banks and payment outlets approved by the authorities.
- Registration of the immigrant’s fingerprint.
Conditions for renewal of residence
There are a set of conditions that the government in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has set so that the expatriate can renew the residence in a legal way without problems, and these conditions are as follows:
- The resident must be within the territory of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia when renewing the residence permit.
- The expatriate must pay all traffic violations related to him, if any.
- The expatriate must pay the delay fines owed by the expatriate in the event that the residency renewal is delayed beyond the legal deadline, which is three days before the residency validity date.
- The resident’s passport must still be valid.
- There should be no notice of absenteeism against the expatriate.
Steps to renew residency through passports
It is also possible to renew the residence through the Absher Passports website in an electronic way, by following the following steps:
- Go to the official website of the Saudi Ministry of Interior.
- Log in to the personnel page that appears on the site screen.
- Log in to the Absher platform by typing your ID number or username.
- Write the visual code for verification.
- Go to the passport page.
- Click on the residence renewal icon.
- Agreeing to the terms that the site presents to the resident.
- Writing the residence number whose date is to be renewed, as well as the renewal period for which the resident wishes to reside.
Accordingly, we have shown how to verify the validity date of the residence, and we have shown the different ways in which it is possible to inquire about the validity date, whether through the Absher portal, or the website of the Saudi Ministry of Labor, or through the visual verification code, and we have also shown how to renew the residence through passports. Saudi Arabia, the documents required to renew the residence, and the conditions required for approval of the renewal.